Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just to let my friends and family know...


You may have heard that since January of this year, I am not very well. First, a "major" burnout with all it's devastating consequences and then a "stupid" unrelated accident (left rib cage crushed, the 5 main lower ribs broken in half, perforated left lung, etc...).

Just for you to know that I am slowly recuperating. I have 3 wonderful Doctors seeing me on a weekly basis and my wonderful family is salutary to my recuperation.

I am told that my condition "will take quite some time to get back on my two feet"... but I am confident and believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. Currently, I still (since March) cannot sleep in a bed. I can only "sleep" in a chair, with proper medication... but summer is here and I will try to get some vitamin "D" (sun) and continue on my daily exercises (walking slowly).

It is with regret that I had to resign from most of the NGO's where I sit as a Director and have decreased most of my other voluntary work. ("AISO" (Association pour l'intégration sociale de l'Ontario" (mandate to take care of intelectually handicaped franco Ontarians) and "CHE" Coopérative Horizon Emploi (mandate to find jobs for people who are intelectually challenged in the Ottawa Area) . I was also involved in other NGO's and had to "take a break". I have kept my association with"Uni.ca" and currrently sit as it's "limited President" but needed to severely decreased my involvement for the time being. (Update: as of Sept 07, I have resigned as President of Uni.ca). This movement is a Citizen's movement that fights for the unity of Canada including the formal recognition of Québec, the First Nations and promoting all that is beautiful about Canada.

I also find that this blog helps me in my recuperation, strangely enough. For one thing, it helps decrease my "boredem" and helps my moral. I am not strong... currently can't spend long time on the keyboard but just a few minutes of creativity helps me more than I expected. I have a wonderful job and can't wait to get back at it... but must do so only when my body and mind are back at "functional levels".
So thank you all (from the bottom of my heart) to you all that have expressed your support, prayers and love...
I will give you updated news on my health progression once in a while but for now, I am told to "rest, rest, and rest". I find my recuperation quite slow... but thus is life sometimes.

Philippe

No comments: