Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Dilemma


I find it difficult to consolidate my French-Canadian nature with my English-Canadian life. As a FC, I am naturally proud of my language, my culture and my history. To me, that is normal, healthy. But that “pride” is often misunderstood in English Canada. That is why I bloged this item (Iggy’s beau risque) at www.uni.ca attempting, with some satire (and using a nom de plume), to express the complexity of grasping the differences between “nationalism” and “patriotism”. To be Canadian is often to have those internal dilemmas. But it also demonstrates the richness of our Country. We are many things at the same moment. The real challenge is to find a way to define the principles of true “Federalism” in our rich context. One thing is certain, I would never want to lose my identity as French-Canadian nor would I ever want to lose my beautiful reality of my English-Canadian life. They are all good. Different… but all wonderful. We, as Peoples, need to find a way to harmonize all those rich elements in one solid Democratic Society where respect and liberty is key.

Enjoy the blog.


No comments: